Aller au contenu

EUC Watch hackable

Techos78

Messages recommandés

8 minutes ago, kikarom said:

Sorry I don't understand. 

The touch is working, I can move into the menu, but the clock is not at the good timing.

I am sorry, my mistake, I thought you could not move inside the menus. 

Ok, so, the time gets lost after power loss, the watch does not have an rtc chip inside. 

two options:

1.Go to the loader web page, and press the "set time" button, and then the "restart" button, it will set the time.

2.set the watch to work with gadgetbridge , it will auto get the time from the phone. 

https://github.com/enaon/eucWatch/issues/6

also, do not use the "shutdown" button on the info page on the watch yet, it drains the battery, it needs some work. Just let it be if you don't use it, it will last over a month when doing nothing. 

Modifié par enaon

I pushed some changes:

Inmotion V11 should now connect and display basic dash info, no settings yet, please confirm as  we do not have a wheel to check. The work on the imotion client was done by @freestyl3r, he now sold his wheel to get a monster sport.

Kingsong 18A should display battery correctly. 

On the simple dash, touching the top right corner will toggle between battery percentage - voltage

On the simple dash, long holding on speed will toggle between Kh/h -  ml/h

On the clock face, long hold on hours will toggle 24 - 12 hour mode. 

https://enaon.github.io/eucWatch/p8

Modifié par enaon
  • Merci 2

I connected the watch to my three wheels: It works  :) 

Garage.JPG.b176d0176ed5137247b5a6d825ccd7f9.JPG

V11 :

Watch-IM.JPG.493e044ebc824705a63e160c6a9341ea.JPG

KS18A :  ( with the right level of autonomy )

Watch-ks18a.JPG.3481b7d7f955ef10075aae22f0285b92.JPG

KS16B :

Watch-ks16b.JPG.2012b2777e85ed54bce9569231a247ad.JPG

funny note: the speed of the v11 is negative when rolling backwards, the KS are always positive, this is normal as they are not "polarized" wheels.

• Merci 1

Travel length, travel duration, global odometer. In fact, it is not very important, as I am using Locus Maps (offline) for statistics. The main thing was speed, and I'm glad it works. Even the haptic speed alarm is not needed at this time, I am a calm rider :phiphi: and I do not go very fast.

Attention, si vous utilisez la dernière version de logiciel (2 jours) vous serez peut-être en mph par défaut. Pour repasser en km/h, il faut presser longuement sur le tableau de bord. Pareil pour la montre qui est éventuellement passée en format 12 heures, sans le AM-PM.

Watch-mph-gps.JPG.def2bfeb3f2431c9c4a4cb2ec7e306cd.JPG

Modifié par Techos78
  • +1 1

Thanks @enaon . From now, on my wheel, I always wear the watch on my arm , it's very very very pleasant, I can't do without it anymore. The start-up is very simple: double press button, press "run time" window ... and it works. To change the menu, the finger swiping does not always work very well, just have to retry. I don't know if there is a method to end the session, I wait for the bluetooth loss time-out, and I press the "run time" windows to stop the vibrations of the watch. 

I saw in your video that the color changes of the speed display no longer exist. I think it's clearer, especially in direct sunlight. And there are many new functions to discover ... And also the displaying of some units, which removes the doubt (km / h ...). Excellent, really.

I will try all of this asap. :)

2 hours ago, Techos78 said:

The start-up is very simple: double press button, press "run time" window ... and it works

It is even simpler. Just long hold the button, it will connect/diconnect, no matter the screen it is on etc. :)

I removed the long hold on screen to connect/disconnect, because it confused some people, nice you told me about the way you connect, you would have thought it didn't work anymore :)

I could add it again if you find it more usefull than long press on the side button. 

Modifié par enaon

Il y a 3 heures, enaon a dit :

It is even simpler. Just long hold the button, it will connect/diconnect, no matter the screen it is on etc. :)

I tested several times, I can only say one thing: it's absolutely perfect. 

In addition, as the garage is emptied by firmware upgrading , long button press immediately opens the garage and allows the wheel to be declared, which is quickly identified. Wow, good job!

I will look in detail a little later, for now I see that the battery voltage is correct, the temperature too, the "trip" data has a wrong scale factors : it progresses about 10 times too fast but it reacts correctly to KPH-MPH swapping,  . "TOTAL" is 0, the speed bargraph run well (full scale near 40), it is colorized yellow above 22, red above 30, too much to watch, amazing.

The screen lighting is pretty well managed, it turns off when the arm is down, and it turns on when moving. I will measure the autonomy of the watch, my goal would be to ride for 3 hours, I don't resist any more without stopping. ... we may have to think about taking the usb charger base ... I just saw that recharging the watch does not reset the TRIP distance to zero. Good. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aux membres du forum qui suivent ce topic, je dis clairement : dans l'état actuel, ce système est très proche d'une version finale, avec quelques ajustement mineurs suivant les roues... La difficulté est d'acheter la bonne montre, une P8 écran 240x240 avec le bon chipset, mais le risque est minime : 20€. ...GO...

Pour ceux qui peuvent attendre, il semble qu'enaon s'apprête à porter son application dans une montre un peu plus élaborée, avec une autonomie légèrement supérieure et un bouton double effet. L'idéal serait un écran OLED, mais je pense que cela n'existe pas dans cette catégorie.

Modifié par Techos78
  • J'aime 1
  • Merci 1

Test d'autonomie de la montre P8 :
J'ai fait un parcours de 2 heures 50 minutes avec une luminosité 3 sur 7, et l'écran allumé environ 95% du temps : la batterie restante est 47%, par conséquent l'autonomie globale est supérieure à 5 heures, c'est parfait. Avec un temps couvert ou un soleil pâle, la vitesse reste lisible. 

Test eucWatch sur une Inmotion v11:
Je préfère le menu le plus complet, les chiffres de vitesse sont suffisamment gros,
Dans le menu simplifié, les très gros chiffres ont quelquefois des erreurs de cadrage horizontal : trop à gauche ou trop à droite tronqué.

La mesure de vitesse est très voisine de la vitesse gps. Bien.
La mesure de distance TRIP est fausse, environ dans un rapport 10 :

Watch-parcours1m.JPG.d484cd243d6c1a150be06da092390826.JPGWatch-parcours1.JPG.8fec803903f4a247e8dbb6a4d35892ae.JPG

La tension finale de la roue était 73.4 V , le pourcentage 56% ce qui me semble optimiste, Petite vitesse moyenne 20 km/h, mais parcours avec beaucoup d'arrêts-démarrages, et beaucoup de vent aujourd'hui. (et ~25 lapins près du lac).

Pour l'instant, mon enthousiasme n'a pas baissé. A suivre...

• +1 1

12 hours ago, Techos78 said:

J'ai fait un parcours de 2 heures 50 minutes avec une luminosité 3 sur 7, et l'écran allumé environ 95% du temps : la batterie restante est 47%, par conséquent l'autonomie globale est supérieure à 5 heures, c'est parfait. Avec un temps couvert ou un soleil pâle, la vitesse reste lisible. 

Thanks for testing.

Screen-on most of the time, means you have the speed haptic alert very low. 

The number you set on the speed haptic menu, is not just for the buzzer, it also changes the color of the display, and turns on the screen. It is something like an alarm, ready to see, but maybe if you want better battery life, take it a bit higher.

You can enable/disable the buzzer output, but the color change and the screen-on is not selectable yet, it will happen over the limmit. 

The watch should be able to do over 2 days of riding with sceeen off, and about 3 hours with screen on at 7, so if you set it to always-on at a higher speed, it will last all day. 

The menus will change to make this simpler, I only write all this for your tests, thanks for doing them :)

this is the part that takes the screen on, if either speed or amprere  is over the set values on haptic menu for inmotion, he screen is on too. 

//screen on
                if ((1<euc.dash.spdC||1<euc.dash.ampC)&&!w.gfx.isOn ){
                    face.go(set.dash[set.def.dash],0);
                }

ps. I am following all the issues you report, I will add them and let you know if you can test. 

ps2. there is a global gesture you may find useful. A swipe up from bottom left corner, will toggle setbrightness/fullbrigtness, just a quick way to get it to full from any screen, without changing your settings. 

ps3.

On 5/4/2021 at 3:28 PM, Techos78 said:

the finger swiping does not always work very well, just have to retry.

This maybe means that you have the 716 controller, there is a version that works even if 816 is selected, but not well. 

You can update only the handler file from the loader page, and select the 716  to see if it gets any better.
https://enaon.github.io/eucWatch/p8#core

Modifié par enaon

Il y a 14 heures, enaon a dit :

Screen-on most of the time, means you have the speed haptic alert very low. 

OK, I understand better this screen management, it has probably a time-out for switching off the lighting, and motion detection or short button press for switching on. My haptic speed level was 20 kph, and I almost always drove faster.

You can update only the handler file from the loader page, and select the 716  to see if it gets any better.
https://enaon.github.io/eucWatch/p8#core

This github downloading process works perfectly ... but I don't want to abuse it :D . I'm cautious, always worried about software security, I am an old man who has seen a lot of software "jokes", I will wait a bit before doing this test...

(...)  there is a global gesture you may find useful. (...)

It's impressive, but a little dangerous: a new user cannot know if there are different types of slides, from a corner, from the center, or from anywhere, and in any direction. It might be possible sitting on a chair, but difficult on a wheel. I think swipes are only useful for menu changes... I also think that, for example, if you swipe left and then right, you expect to find the initial menu ... this is not always the case currently and it's a bit disturbing.

It's just my opinion ... but I often change my mind. ;)

Edit : I have already changed: in fact, it is probably useful in certain cases to bypass the path, it is a debate that we will be able to have when a global structure of the different menus will be drawn in a future user notice. We have the time... 
The current subject is mainly the data R/W for each wheel (yes, v11 :)), and possibly the sending of a horn command and anti-theft locking. (waybe also the BT bridge mode, which does not interest me).

The look and ergonomics are a bit secondary.

Modifié par Techos78
  • J'aime 1